Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 10

Okay, so the goal was to get a chair in the master bedroom. i accomplished this with help from Paul, Dad, Briggs, and Mom. As Julie Andrews says, lets start at the very beginning. Paul spilled red soda on the carpet, so I took advantage of the guilt and requested we buy a chair. I went online, found one at Walmart.com that matched the bedroom furniture (I hoped) and ordered it. It was to be delivered in time to have it set up before the shower. It got here, I pulled out the top piece to make sure it did match, and then called Dad to come over and assemble it. He pulled out the second piece and it was broken. Ugh!!!! I contacted customer service, was completely unsatisfied with the help I received and the return procedure. (Every option required that I had to load up the huge box and transport it somewhere to be sent back, at which time they would send a new chair.) I wanted a chair in the room within a week, so I had Paul take me to Garden Ridge the next day to get this chair. I didn't want anything fancy or expensive, just something functional that could withstand the cats. So we had time to bring the chair home, but not assemble it. Two days later Briggs arrives early from work, and tada I have my handyman to put the chair together. Mom helped move it into the bedroom, as well as move the bed and nightstands down to make more room. Thanks to all who helped with this accomplishment. Paul has been in the chair just about everyday, reading or playing Xbox. KJ (the kitty) has claimed as her special spot during the day. And I can't wait to have a place to sit and stare at my sleeping daughter in the cradle next to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment