Monday, July 27, 2009

Wedding Dress

I've been reading a new blog lately and decided to participate in something she does. She calls it "Show Us Your Life". This week she asked us to blog about our wedding dress. I don't think I have any digital pics from when we got married 5 years ago but I do have these. This idea was also borrowed. I am going to take a picture of my daughter(s) wearing my wedding dress each year (hopefully on our anniversary). Here is the first:

Sophie was just 3 days old. This is not your traditional wedding dress (I'm not even sure it was considered a wedding dress). No train, just a straight skirt with a crossover top, but it did have some beadwork on the front. It was cream-colored (white looks terrible on me). I don't expect my daughter to ever wear my wedding dress for her wedding (I think every woman should get to wear the dress that makes them feel perfect) so I'm not too worried about the fact that she'll probably hate this dress before she's 10, just because I'll have MADE her wear it each year.

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea but would have loved to see it on you also. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete