Friday, August 21, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Baby Showers

Over at Kelly's Korner this week, she asked for baby shower ideas. I'm sure I probably have pictures from other showers, but these are from my own showers for Sophie. I actually had 4 different ones, friends and family, church members, preschool teachers, and preschool families.

A few days before I went on maternity leave, we had a reception for the preschool families. The board set up a table with goodies for the parents and kids. I was stationed beside to the table to greet the families as they picked up their kids. It was a lot of fun to see everyone before I left and many of the children wished me a "Happy Baby!"


The teachers wanted to have a separate party just for them. It was also very lovely. each one brought a different food item to share. These are the petit fours Ms. Marsha brought.



My sister threw the family and friends shower. Because Sophie's nursery is decorated in elephants she wanted an elephant cake. She and my mom contacted several bakeries to try to get one and no one could do it. (They could "airbrush" a photo of one, but that's not what they wanted.) Finally one of the grocery store bakeries was able to do this one using one of the wall decorations as a template. I think it turned out great!


My mom created this decoration for the shower. It is now hanging in my kitchen window, but I guess I should take it down at some point. We also used some of the elephants from the nursery to decorate as well.



Each of the preschool classes gave me a gift. This blanket is from the 2's class, it has each child's hand print. They also had each child decorate a plain bib with fabric paint. One class created a card with a class picture, another decorated a picture frame, and the oldest group (Pre-K) made me a keepsake box and book. They asked each child how to take care of a baby and then recorded their answer in a book. Some of those kids knew a lot about babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment