Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Wedding Dress Story

My friend Texan Mama is doing a Link Up where we tell about our wedding dresses. Although I don't have any digital pics from when we got married 6 years ago or a scanner, I do have pictures of the dress. This idea was also borrowed. I am going to take a picture of my daughter wearing my wedding dress each year (hopefully on our anniversary). Here is the first when she was just 3 days old:



And here she is a year later:





This is not your traditional wedding dress (I'm not even sure it was considered a wedding dress). No train, just a straight skirt with a crossover top, but it did have some beadwork on the front. It was cream-colored (white looks terrible on me). I went back to my wedding album and found the actual receipt for the dress...total with tax just under $200. The crazy part is the the shoes and undergarments (you know the strapless bra with that extra that keeps your tummy held in nice and tight), those cost just as much as the dress.


For those who may not know me well, this wasn't my first wedding and thus not my first wedding dress. But I was somewhat consistent. My first wedding was bigger and more formal but I was still a frugal dress-buyer. I believe that first dress cost less than $300, and I bought the shoes at Payless. And in case you like the idea and dressing your daughter in your wedding dress, here's what you can do for your son...have him wear one of your husbands white button downs, reminiscent of the tux shirt the hubby probably wore for the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! She is going to love having those pictures to look back on. I think, from what I can see, it is a beautiful dress. I hope you will visit my blog to read a little bit about my dress. Karen

    ReplyDelete