Monday, March 21, 2011

EMM: Treat Homeless with Diginty

Actions:
1. Don't judge people.
2. Better understand the homeless by speaking to them when you get a chance.
3. Look them in the eye and be polite. A simple "hello" or "God bless you" is fine.
4. Offer bottles water or pre-packaged food instead of money.
5. If you can't help, simply state "I'm sorry. I'm not able to help."

With small children it's been difficult to do any kind of volunteer work, but I have tried to find other ways to help our local life shelter. We had a dozen cupcakes plus a cake left from Logan's baptism celebration so we contacted the life shelter and was able to take the sweets to them. I have always tried to be polite when I can't help. I do like the idea of giving out water or ready-to-eat food. I rarely have cash on hand and this would be a way to give something.

No comments:

Post a Comment