Monday, December 31, 2012

MPM: A Brand New Year



I'm starting up with Menu Plan Monday again.  Although I continued to create a weekly menu, I didn't always post.  So a new year means more posting.  I generally just plan out dinner entres but I may include some sides, lunches, breakfasts, and snacks occassionally.  I'm also going to include more information so that I can look back at previous menus to create new ones.  I'll include links where available and pictures afterward.  Here's this week's plan:
  • Monday: Dinner Out for New Year's Eve
Paul and I are going to the Melting Pot while the kids have a sleepover at Grandma's.
This is a recipe I found on Pinterest.  Like the poster, I don't plan on using sour cream (saves me a trip to the store).  We'll probably have a veggie and rice as a side.
  • Wednesday:  Pasta, Sauce, and Salad
This is a go-to meal for us, meaning I know the kids will eat it.  It will probably be spaghetti noodles (their favorite) and whatever jar marinara sauce we have.  I'll also make a salad (starting with pre-packaged bag and adding other stuff) and maybe garlic bread.  This is also Logan's first day back to school so this is a good meal since the afternoon is going to be a little stressful, getting back into the routine.
I made this just last week (and I try not to repeat recipes too quickly) but it was really good so we'll have it again.  I think I'll try a new side like Honey Roasted Red Potatoes.
Another pinterest find.  I don't typically use whole chickens so I may just do breasts although Logan loves chicken with bones.
Paul is starting his busy season so I decided Saturday's would be good for the crockpot.  This is a pinterest recipe and should be plenty so that we can leftovers Sunday and maybe even enough for Paul's lunch on Monday.
  • Sunday:  Leftovers/CORN
This is the day we Clean Out the Refrigerator Night (CORN).  If we don't have any leftovers then we'll have sandwiches and soup or breakfast for dinner.

I have a set of school lunches that we rotate through for Logan (plus he usually buys once a week).  I'd like to add to the rotation but don't want to try new things at school (in case he doesn't like them, I don't want him to be hungry).  I'm going to use Saturday and Sunday to try out new lunch possibilities and then add them into the weekly menus if he likes them.  I'm going to be trying some new smoothies for breakfasts (at least for Paul and I).  Hopefully, we'll find some we like and maybe even the kids too.


I may also try to make a sheet cake this week to as a special treat.  I made this one just before Christmas for Jesus' birthday and it was so good.  I got the recipe from a church cookbook we had, but did get the icing recipe online because I didn't have one of the ingredients the cookbook used.  Unfortunately, I ruined it.  I put it in the oven to free up counter space for Christmas cooking and forgot to take it out when I turned on the oven to preheat.  Oops, melting plastic wrap and pampered chef server.

You can check out more menus at Organzing Junkie.

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. MPM definitely keeps me on track. I actually look forward to Mondays!
    Welcome back.
    Your menu plan looks delicious.
    Have a wonderful week and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Ritzy Chicken yesterday. I guess everyone has that recipe. It is very good and very simple to make.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete