Sunday, May 25, 2014

Top 10 List of Randomness

School's almost out and I have so many things I haven't blogged about (although I have been active on Facebook).  So, today I'm organizing my pictures and getting prepped to get it all done before school is out and summer break officially begins.  Here is some of what I have been doing this spring:

1.  Changing out this display board with the seasons, holidays and events.  This was the Easter version and the Mather's Day version.  Currently, it has our Summer Countdown and a list of summer activities to do on it.


 2.  I went to a book signing for this book but didn't actually get to have the author sign it because I had all 4 kids and they were restless.  I read the book in a few days and it was very good.
 3.  Playing "find the baby bunny" in our yard.  Our area always has lots of rabbits but we found 2 in our backyard.  I shoo-ed them to the side of the house so I didn't have to worry about Wrangler having a new friend.

 4.  Painted my first canvas with my mom and sister to celebrate Mom's birthday.  I chose something super simple because I was so nervous about doing it.  I also made sure it would match our living room.  I took advantage of Micheal's Stores current sale of buy 1 get 2 free on custom framing and got it framed.  Can't wait to get it back and hung up.



5.  Thinking a lot about my special friend Keri (Carrie).  And apparently so has Sophie Rose.

 6.  Spent way too much time in a car with a bunch of teenage girls.  Paul invited the twins Codie and Sara (and their friend Jess) to Comic-Con this year.  All 4 kids and I drove to Hawkins to get them. The drive back took longer than expected because Sophie Rose got car sick and threw up twice before she finally passed out asleep.  The teens had a blast and we all enjoyed having them visit.
 7.  I can't believe it is the end of the school-year already.  I put these lanterns together for the kids' teachers along with a poem I found online.

8.  Enjoying time with my sister. We had a girls weekend over spring break where we stayed at a hotel, enjoyed a club, and went shopping.  She also helped me choose my first Coach purse that just happened to match my Nook cover.



 9.  Trying harder when I get ready in the morning.  Participating in the Style Challenge helped a lot but I also felt better about myself and it's always nice to get compliments from your kids.
10.  Getting ready for summer.  I have been so busy planning vacation, kids camps, and activities to keep us all busy.  I actually started some of the fun in May just because.  Here's a sneak peek:

No comments:

Post a Comment