Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lots of Freezer Meals for Summer

I was getting tired of cooking...every...single...day!  So I scoured my pinterest boards and found several freezer crockpot meals.  I spent a couple of days gathering supplies and ingredients, then spent a Sunday afternoon prepping it all.  I ended up with 26 bags that included 15 different meals.  I'm guessing that with vacation, eating out, and dinner at my sister's, I won't need to cook again until school starts.  (At which time, I will probably do it all again.)

Everything ready to go
 I made sure to label my bags before I filled them.  I used a tall plastic container to support the bag while I filled it.  Then I laid the bags flat for the freezer.

Most of the meals were chicken but I also had some ground beef options too.  I also made sure that I had a few soups because that's what we usually have on Sundays.  All the meals were slow cooker ones as well except for one grilled option and one baked casserole item.

I'll keep track of the ones we like so that I do it again in a couple of months.  Below are links to some of the recipes I used:
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
Creamy Italian Chicken
Quick and Easy Taco Soup
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Hawaiian Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken
Honey Rosemary Chicken
BBQ Chicken
Chicken Fajitas

These I don't have links for and don't remember where I found them (but I do have the recipes written down):
Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
Meatballs Stroganoff
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
Cheese Tortellini
Taco Chili

Another plus to this process is that I finally did some organizing on my pinterest boards.  Initially, I had one board for all my recipes, now I've broken it down into categories...much easier to find them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment