Saturday, May 8, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Kids Names

So if you want some suggestions for children's names or are curious how people choose the ones they do head over to Kelly's Korner.

Paul actually chose Sophie, and I don't think there is really any special meaning behind it. He just really liked the name. He hates tricked out names, either just unusual or because of some crazy spelling. He wanted a nice, normal name. I would describe it as "classic". The Rose for her middle name is a family name. It is my mom's middle name, too. Plus, I was born in the Rose Capital of the World, Tyler, Texas.

I had already come up with a name for our child we are adopting from China if it was a girl...Michaela. Since we call the China baby MIC this name kept that part. Of course, my dad and our pastor are both named Michael, so I'm sure they would read more into the name than we did.

Now that it looks like we are getting boy from China, we are really stuck. Paul has decided he wants to name him after his dad, George Bernard. I hate having close family members with the same name (it gets too confusing trying to determine who you are speaking about so people become Big this or Little that). So I am fine to use George as a middle name. I tried to come up with a name that would allow us to keep the MIC, but Paul hasn't liked my suggestion of Micah. He also doesn't refer to him as MIC much because in his mind MIC was a girl.

So, now we are on a quest to find a name that goes with George that we both like!

No comments:

Post a Comment