Sunday, June 27, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Activities for Kids

Sophie is at that age where she really just wants to walk around and get into stuff. Seriously, she walks from one basket or tub of toys, takes everything out, then moves to the next. If there isn't a basket handy, she'll take everything off the table or out of the cabinet. I even caught her pulling all the toilet paper off the roll. She also loves to climb and/or get into places.



Because of this, I try to find something to do outside of the house everyday. If I walk at the mall, we'll stay and play in the kids area. We may have a play group event, or the city's free kids concert. Some days, it's just going to the church for work.
Because she loves exploring so much, anything new is great for her. I try all kinds of activities with her, even stuff she is probably too young for, but I figure one day, something is going to click and it will become her new favorite.
But mostly, I just let her empty stuff and then I try to get her help in putting it all back (except the toilet paper, of course!)
You can get more ideas at Kelly's Korner!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie sounds JUST like Lucas! :) Toys are boring... walking around and carrying stuff around is the best!

    ReplyDelete