Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Wedding Proposal

Will you marry me?
Because Paul and I had been talking about getting married, Mom suggested that she and I go look at rings, then she would tell Paul what I liked. It took the saleslady a few minutes to figure out that I didn't really know what I wanted or liked. I did eventually choose a great set with a square-shaped diamond. We were asking the saleslady to write down the identifying information so Paul could come back and get it, when she suggested I just take it home (after applying for their credit line). "You can always bring it back, if he doesn't like it," she said. Next thing I know, I'm walking out the store, having bought my own ring. It took all of two yards before I just about lost it, realizing how absurd this was...who buys their own wedding rings?!? Paul didn't care, but did get a different diamond. He took the engagement ring back with his parents and replaced the square-cut with a beautiful round-cut. The actual proposal occurred at some friends house where we were housesitting. Paul had gone to pick up the rings with the new diamond setting. He made it official and asked the question. My sister and mom were having dinner and called me to join them, so I got to show how great the ring truly was!

For more stories check out Kelly's Korner.

No comments:

Post a Comment