Monday, October 17, 2011

EMM: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

I was never really too concerned with recycling until we moved into this house several years ago. They didn't have separate recycling pick-up at our last home, but this area does and it has made it so convenient. Also, from what I understand at least a portion of the recycling proceeds goes to help the animal shelter. At home we separate out the paper to take to one of the local schools to help them out.

I think the hardest part about recycling at home is getting guests to do it as well. I'm not hard-core about it but would love to make it easier for guests to recycle when they are here. But at this point I don't have space for a multi-container trashcan.

I do think it is time to get another recycle container. We've been doing such a good job of separating that the one we have is overflowing most weeks by the time they come to collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment