Monday, November 7, 2011

EMM: Donate Clothes

I started purging when I was pregnant and on some level I have continued doing that. I keep a container in the garage (just outside the door) that I throw donation items in. Once it gets full I take it to the donation truck (or set up for a pick up). With kids, I have taken some of their outgrown clothes to consignment sales or given to friends. But lately, I've just been donating the clothes.

I learned a long time ago that I have no desire to sew on buttons, so if I have a shirt that has a button come off, I'll just safety pin it back and then donate it. I've also been trying to get Paul to get rid of clothes he knows he'll never wear again.

Typically in December the church collects cold-weather items. I don't anticipate that we will have anything, but I'll probably purchase some gloves and hats to donate.

One of the tips in the book, suggest labeling the items. I'm not sure I will do this since I collect as I go, but I could certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment