Monday, October 15, 2012

Pinterest Weekend 56-65

My sister and I decided to get together and make a bunch of freezer meals and also cleaning stuff that we'd seen on Pinterest.  (Ok, it was definitely more her idea than mine.)  The cleaning stuff I didn't care too much about but I was all over the freezer meals.  Bonus was getting to spend time with my bestest sister.  After I got to her place, she went to the store and got everything on our list while I watched the kids.  We did cleaning stuff on day 1 and meals on day 2.  Below is a list of everything we did:
1.  Dryer "sheets"



 2.  Laundry detergent:  We actually used 2 different recipes for this.  The first seperated and so we tried a slightly different version.  Although, I think it was my fault the first round didn't work.


 
This one looks much better.
 
3.  All-purpose cleaner
4.  Dishwasher detergent
5.  Carpet deodorizer
6.  Fabric refresher aka febreeze
7.  Daily shower cleaner to be used in a dish scrubber
8.  Powdered laundry detergent (not pictured)  (My sister found a recipe to try)
9.  Taco meat (just browned the meat and added the seasonings and water before freezing)
10.  Ranch pork chops (the original link has been blocked but the directions are on the pin)
11.  Teriyaki Chicken
12. Savory Chicken
13.  Brown sugar chicken
14.  Honey Garlic chicken
15.  Beef Stroganoff (my sister's recipe)
16.  Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole (not pictured)
17.  Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole (not pictured)

 
 We each came away with 9 meals (one set for each), plus the cleaners.  I'd like to do the meals every few months, tripling and quadrupling recipes we actually like and maybe adding some breakfast or lunch options from Once a Month Mom.

I've been using these for about a week and I like them all.  We all our pets, it's good to use the carpet powder and the febreeze often.  But they can be pricing so I would skimp, now it doesn't bother me because they are so cheap to make.  The scrubber in the shower has been great.

We've only had one meal (chicken enchilada casserole) and it was okay. I'd make it again but use corn tortillas instead of flour.  I'm sure there will be at least half the meals that we'll make again.  We had a great time, but I do need to get a bigger cooler to bring it all home.

No comments:

Post a Comment