Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Monica's Aztec Casserole

My sister Monica gave me this recipe, and  because I'm tired of trying to remember where I wrote it down (in my cell phone), I thought I'd post it here (then pin it to my recipe board).

Here's the ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2-3 cups cooked rice
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can tomatoes
cumin
garlic salt
tortillas, taco shells, or chips
Brown the ground beef with some chopped onion.
 Drain the beans and corn.
 Cook your rice. I use steamed jasmine rice (since we buy it buy the gigantic bag at the Asian market).
 Add everything to the beef along with the spices to taste.

 As you can see we each choose our own way to eat it.  Paul adds salsa because he likes it spicier than the kids, everyone gets cheese on top except Logan (who doesn't like cheese).  We could also make it into a taco salad type with lettuce and fresh tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment