Saturday, August 10, 2013

Meal Planning Summer Edition

With the move this summer, my meal planning has been a little crazy.  I've tried to create the plans, but I've known I wouldn't be able to stay on track.  And I was okay with that.  There were several days where we ate out everyday because everything was packed or the fridge hadn't been delivered or whatever.  Some days, the time just got away from me as I got busy unpacking boxes.  We also didn't have internet service for almost a month so I reverted to cookbooks for recipe inspirations.  I actually kind of like using the books and I even started making notes in them, including the date I made the dish as well as any substitutions I made.  Here's some of this summer's meals:


Bacon wrapped chicken




Muffins for breakfast

Chicken paprikas

Tempura battered chicken



I do think I may change up my planning a bit.  Previously, I would grocery shop on the weekends so I would plan Monday to Sunday, but Sophie Rose will be in preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I think I'll switch my shopping to one of those days and plan accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment