Monday, September 2, 2013

Meal Plan Monday Labor Day Edition

I did pretty well sticking with my plan last week.  I ended up not having to cook a couple of nights because we went to the mother-in-laws and she sent food home for us.  Here's a few pics from the week:
DIY Yogurt Parfaits

Apple Cider Glazed Stuffed Chicken 

I got a few recipes from here.

My Smothered Chicken

Their Smothered Chicken
The kids actually liked the cider chicken but I don't really understand why it needs to be stuffed.  It just comes apart when you cut it to eat, so why not just make it into a regular casserole?  The smothered chicken was A LOT of work for a slow cooker meal.  I had to cook before and after the slow cooking part and it was even that great, kind of bland.  If it had been a true slow cooker meal, i.e. throw these thing in the pot and go, it might be worth it.

So on to this week:
Monday:  hot dogs (we were going to grill, but the igniter was broken)
Tuesday:  pot roast and mac & cheese (Sophie Rose's request for the first day of school)
Wednesday: Tuscan garlic chicken skillet (from the Kraft magazine)
Thursday: panko crusted tilapia (one of the meals we didn't do last week)
Friday: Hawaiian chicken for Lilo & Stitch movie night
Saturday:  wedding
Sunday:  Aunt Doris enchilada casserole (I'll double this and freeze for later)

Logan George is only buying one day this week, so I've planned his lunches (of course, he didn't have school Monday) and now Sophie Rose has preschool so I've added her lunches to the plan.  I chose a slow-cooker meal for Tuesday because it's the first day of preschool and there is a meeting that night, so I wanted it to be easy for me.  Sunday may get changed since we will be spending the night at the mother-in-laws (after the wedding) and she will probably send home food again.  I also have one other meal from last week that I could make but I checked to be sure the ingredients will keep and it will be one of the first one's next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment