Monday, September 30, 2013

Meal Plan September 30

So Paul is done with his 21 day challenge but he's going to continue eating mostly the prepared meals for dinner.  Although, I like when we can eat the same foods altogether, October is a busy month for him so he probably won't be home for dinner anyway.  I do think we've worked out a good system with my sister.  She's in charge of dinner 2 days a week and I do at least 2.  Sometimes, I might also do anther night with just the kids (just depends on the schedule).
chicken alfredo pot pie
I have also decided to stop trying to make new and different dinners.  The kids really don't care and neither do I.  So we have staples each week and then I'll try one new recipe.  Here's the staples: pizza & salad, tacos (chicken or beef), spaghetti.  I also save one night for leftovers (aka Clean Out Refrigerator Night CORN and You're Own Your Own YOYO).  I'm also letting the kids help more.  Logan George fixed the entire lunch for him and Sophie Rose one Saturday.
SR cutting her own snack banana
Here's the plan for the next week:
Monday: Pizza night (Paul and the boys have a school function that include pizza too)
Tuesday: Aunt Kelly's Café
Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken
Thursday: Chicken Tacos (although I may switch to beef depending on what we have at Kelly's)
Friday: Hot Dogs and Crepes
Saturday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sunday:  CORN/YOYO
Japanese-style fried chicken for movie night
This week we are having a sleepover movie night with the cousins.  I try to work the menu around the movie.  The school lunch menu is kind of funny, some weeks LG will buy 4 times, other's it's just pizza on Friday.  Sophie Rose has actually started eating breakfast some mornings so I've tried to accommodate her in the mornings.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment