Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life-How You Met

Over at Kelly's Korner this week, we are sharing how we met our spouse. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures on this computer from those early days. Paul and I met at a bar. I know, very cliche, but I liked dancing and he liked watching the NBA finals on the big screens. The sports bar was close to my apartment so I went most weekends to listen to the bands and dance with my friends. Paul had seen me there before but apparently took a while to actual come talk to me. Since the Mavs were playing well, we saw each other a few times that week. He did eventually ask me out to dinner, and the rest , as they say is history. Because we had both been married before, we cut through a lot of crap right away. I think it was the second date that I told him I wanted kids and if he didn't we shouldn't date. I think it was that level of honesty at the beginning that led to us getting married 1 year after we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment