Monday, July 26, 2010

EMM: Eat Healthy

This one is pretty self-explanatory. We all know what it means to eat healthy (or at least healthier). The website did have a link for a menu planner that might be helpful for some. Because I don't struggle with my weight, it actually makes it more difficult to motivate myself to eat better. But now that I have Sophie watching everything I put in my mouth and wanting the same thing in hers, I have really started to be more intentional. So here are some things I'm working on specifically:


  • Eat more veggies.

  • Potatoes are not a vegetable.

  • Eat fresh fruit everyday.

  • Desserts are a special treat. (This will be the toughest one.)

  • Drink more water.



They have some tips that I don't agree with, such as, limiting snacking. I think eating smaller portions more often is better. They also suggest developing a routine and eating at similar times each day. That's usually good, but I think a lot of people end up eating just because it's mealtime even if they aren't really hungry. They also have specific ideas as to what should be included in a meal, i.e. dinner has to be a meat, 2 veggies, a salad, and dessert. Maybe not, maybe you have a meatless dinner, as long as you are getting your nutritional requirements.


They have a tip that I almost always follow: eat smaller portions. I also try to leave something on my plate. I know, for some of you that completely goes against your mom-given guilt (I know starving children in Africa and where's the happy plate). Even if it's just the last bite, over time that's a lot of food that isn't going in. Obviously, if you are eating 100% healthy then it wouldn't matter, but who's doing that all the time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment