Monday, July 26, 2010

Moms' Night Out

So my mom's group had a game night scheduled for tonight. I had it on the calendar but since I was out-of-town last week, I hadn't really thought about it until last night. When I mentioned it to Paul he said he was probably going to have to work late. He says that often, then comes home at a normal time. So I went through the day thinking I might get to go. I spoke to Paul this afternoon and he said he would be working late, so now I'm not going. At 6:30 he calls from the road on his way home. I have time to make it to the game night. I get dressed, pull some chips and salsa from the pantry, write down directions, and get dinner started. By the time he gets home, I just don't feel like making the trek out there. It just far enough to not be a quick trip and it's not an area I'm familiar with so it will seem even further. I got a lot done while Sophie took her nap but there are a couple of things I planned on doing after sh e went to bed. So I asked Paul if I could just go up to Starbucks and read for a bit (all by myself). He agreed, so we ate dinner, then he played with Sophie and put her to bed while I had an Extra Coffee Caramel Frappucino and read a couple of chapters.

I know I would have had a good time if I'd met up with the other girls, but I think the alone time was just as rewarding. Thank you, Paul, for the night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment