Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Steadfast Faith

"The highest pinnacle of the spiritual life is not joy in unbroken sunshine but absolute and undoubting trust in the love of God." A. W. Thorgold

This devotion was about the woman who wrote the hymn "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" Louisa Stead. She wrote those words after watching her husband drown trying to save a boy. It also talked about Abraham's wife Sarah and how she didn't trust God to keep his promises. I struggle myself when having to wait. The wait for Logan was so long and not at all what we expected when we started the process. Obviously, I wouldn't change the timeline at all because without the wait, we wouldn't have Sophie or Logan for that matter. Thankfully, I had a wonderful prayer partner doing that wait who helped me to keep my faith in God.


"Whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory has overcome the world-our faith." 1 John 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment