Monday, January 10, 2011

EMM: Learn CPR

I have to be CPR certified for my job. So for the past 6+ years I have been through the training several times. Thankfully, I have never had to actually use that training. One of the things I remember from the first training was someone making the comment about how they were worried that they wouldn't remember what to do in case of an emergency. The instructor told us that what was really important wasn't that we did the correct number of contractions or breathed for the right amount of time. What was important was that we breathed for the person and pumped their heart...basically just do something until the professionals could step in. Knowing that actually helps me feel more confident in my abilities.

If you are interested in learning CPR, there's a new program called Family & Friends CPR that makes it so simple to learn the basics. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment