Wednesday, August 17, 2011

EMM: No Fast Food

Actions for today:
1. Don't eat fast food today.
2. Start by switching 1 fast food meal a week to a healthier alternative.
3. If you do eat fast food, eat smaller portions.
4. NEVER super-size.
5. Plan your meals for the week to help cut down on impromptu fast food meals. Find helpful tips here.
6. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked.
7. Pack a healthy lunch or cook dinner at home tonight.

So here is how I tackled these actions this week. Here is my dinner meal plan:
Monday-Box dinner using chicken with applesauce (my kids are not eating much these days and Paul has been working late so this was a simple meal mostly for me)
Tuesday-Enchilada casserole with corn (I actually made 2 of these and froze one for later)
Wednesday-Easy Italian Chicken ( crock pot recipe) with green beans
Thursday-Round Steak with herbs and mixed veggies
Friday-Broiled chicken with oyster sauce with jasmine rice

Today I took the kids to McDonalds but we didn't eat there, just played in the the play area. The kids asked about eating but we came home instead. I will be at the office tomorrow and I am planning on taking my lunch (actually, I have a lunch there I think, probably tuna, crackers, protein bar). I have never super-sized anything, in fact I usually get the kids meal because it is just the right portion.

I would really like to find some healthy fast food options because sometimes I need the convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment