Friday, August 19, 2011

Pinterest Craze

So I kept hearing about this but couldn't really figure out what it was. Some one explained it ans I thought isn't that what my "Favorites bar" is for. But I finally joined in and I do like it. Of course, I could just bookmark the website when I find something cool but pinning it is so much faster and I get a visual to remind me of why I thought it was cool.

Of course, that's not where the addiction or obsession comes from. That comes into play from looking at other people's boards and pins. I've spent way too much time the last few days repinning from others boards. And I'm only looking at boards of people who've repinned from my stuff and the few people I actually know in real life. Mostly, I'm pinning stuff for preschool and some organizational stuff. And most of it is repinned based solely on the thumbnail on the board (meaning I haven't even gone to the original website to see it).

I decided last night that the boards are sort of pointless if I don't actually do something with them. So, I'm setting a goal of one pin a week. That's one pin to make or find or do or whatever. I won't get through all of them, some are ideas for parties and some are resources I can continue to use. But there are a lot of things to make for both home and preschool. Plus there may be some pins I'd remove once I actually see the original site. I'm also toying with the idea that organizational professionals use: not adding a pin without removing one. Okay, probably wouldn't work. Maybe more like remove a pin for every 10 I have. Ha!

Happy Pinning! Or maybe it should be "Don't just Pin, Do!"

UPDATE: After doing the first 6, I created a list of pins I want to accomplish. On the pins, I tried to include what I needed to complete them in the description.

New GOAL: I've been on a roll, knocking out one a day for the last week. I know I probably won't be able to keep that pace when we all start back to preschool next week, but I think I can do 25 before I go on my cruise in early October...so 25 pins in 50 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment