Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pinterest 1: Busy Wallet


While Sophie and Logan napped today I watched some tv and went through some pins on boards. I went through the ones that were about printables and downloaded the things I wanted (and deleted a couple of pins that went nowhere). Once I downloaded them, I deleted the pin. I also ended deleting some that turned out to not be what I thought they were from the picture and description.


Before we left this morning to run some errands, I had looked at a couple of ideas to see if I could actually do one. I found this busy wallet idea. I decided that it would be a great one to attempt today since we were headed to church to drop off cookies at the garage sale. Figured I might be able to find an old wallet. And I did find ONE, but of course I need TWO. So as we were going to our next place I looked for other garage sales and stopped at one. Score! A wallet that the lady didn't even want to charge me for. I made her take a dollar for it since it was the only reason I stopped. (We also picked up some playdough, which has been entertaining the kids really well.)


Here are the wallets I got today for a total of $2.



Here's the finished products:



I have a ton of notepads I've collected through the years so I found ones that would fit it the card slots. I gave Sophie a pencil and Logan a small pen (because his wallet didn't have a pen holder, and the pen fit in one of the card slots). I use the keychain thingys from the store discount not the regular card size ones, so I gave them to the kids, putting a photo sticker of me and Maw Susan on a couple. I put a couple of drink hangers from Sonic in the slots (just because they are flat. In the dollar bill section, I put sheets of stickers as well as a larger pad of paper. As a final touch I put a small book in each (these came from Chick-Fil-A). I left the zippered change compartments empty so the kids can add their own stuff. I think the kids are going to like these the next time we have to wait somewhere (like the doctor's, but, shhh, don't tell them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment