Saturday, June 1, 2013

Scrapping Saturday June 1st

I really wanted to get some scrapbooking done before I had to pack it up for the move (knowing it would probably be the last boxes I unpacked), so I pulled stuff out and left it out so I could organize and work on a few projects.  I am still working on my 2010 annual album (done traditionally).
That's just the first 5 months of the year.

I used Project Life products to do an album for each of the kids for 2011 and really liked it.  I think I'm going to try the same process to go ahead and start working on an annual album for 2013.  When I think about trying to complete 2010 and then tackle 2011, 2012, AND 2013, it's just too overwhelming.  Of course, I'm afraid I may feel creatively stifled with just the Project Life but I figure if I want to go back then I can.  I'll continue to work on 2010 (the old way) but if this works for 2013 then that's what I'll do for 2011 and 2012.  One of the cool things is that Hobby Lobby now carries some project life stuff so if I feel the need to get my hands on stuff now I can without having to order.
My Project Life pages will fit in this album.

I also want to do individual albums for each of the kids for 2010 (Sophie's 2nd year and Logan's adoption year).  I already have the albums for those and they will be more traditional.

I've almost got the adoption album (pre-Logan) completed just need to rewrite some of the story on the actual pages.




Sophie's baby book is done (again except for some random journaling).  I've gotten their birthday books up-to-date and I'm ready to start Logan's school album (once we decide what to do about next year).

I'm also coming up on my birthday which means I will have completed a year using the smash book.  Although I was slow getting started, I've been much better these last few months.  The book is very full (probably didn't need to do the monthly pocket pages), but I haven't used all the pages.  I found the smash books on sale several months ago and went ahead and bought a new for this next year, so I think I will do it again (but without the calendar pocket pages).

No comments:

Post a Comment