Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Years!

I got this idea from a friend of mine. She is going to try to accomplish something each day of 2009. Something that goes beyond the basics of showering, feeding her kids, etc. She is also going to try to take a picture of the finished project. So far she is 2 for 2, not bad for a new years resolution! I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up but maybe she'll be my motivation. If she can do it with 2 kids surely I can.

I also saw another blogger who was going to take and post a picture of her children each day. I love that idea too. So once our baby is born in May, I will start the same thing. I guess I could do that for the bird, dog, and 5 cats we currently have, but that would be overkill, don't you think?

Aside from the daily accomplishments, I will also try to keep myself motivated on other new years resolutions. I hate the word resolutions because it really is just an "out" to not accomplish anything. Who ever really keeps their resolutions? So I just have a few ideas of things I'd like to do this year regularly and I'll keep track of them here.

So, here are are my New Year Celebrations (I'll add more as I think of them):
1. Read to the baby every night. We've done this one so far.
2. Finish at least one book a month (okay that might be too ambitions so let's try one a quarter). It can be fiction or not, but the baby's bedtime story doesn't count.
3. Get Wrangler back into a training program (that's the dog). He needs to start with private training first , but then can go to the group sessions.
4. Get back to scheduled Date Nights with Paul. I know how important these will be once the baby comes and we'll be able to give the grandparents the opportunity to spoil her while we go to dinner and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment