Sunday, February 7, 2010

Car Wreck

First, we are all okay!



I went through a red light on our way to a playgroup. It was raining and I didn't have time to stop by the time I realized the light had changed. The airbags didn't deploy so I am assuming that means the impact wasn't so bad. No one was hurt (not even the next day which I expected). Sophie was completely unfazed by the whole thing. A very nice lady stopped to help me which was good because I was pretty freaked out. I couldn't get Paul on the phone, then a fire truck showed up. I expected police but not fire engines. I called Dad and he came from work to wait with me for Paul. I did eventually get Paul on the phone (and have remedied the situation, I now have his bosses secretaries number as well as the front security desk). Paul was able to stay home with us the rest of the day. I really appreciated that, I was in no shape to be alone. He was also able to go ahead and get everything set up with the insurance company and auto shop.

I was very nervous the first time I had to drive Sophie the next day. Now we are in a rental and have a new car seat, so things are back to normal. Plus we have XM radio in the rental...all the kids music you could ever want!

No comments:

Post a Comment