Thursday, February 25, 2010

Scrapbooking Meetup

I found a scrapbooking group through Meetup.com that has crops once a month near my house. I joined the group and signed up for the February crop. I organized my stuff and made sure Paul could be home with Sophie, then drove about 5 minutes to this woman's house. I got there and had a little freak-out moment. What was I doing showing up at a stranger's home? They could be an axe murderer. (I don't know why "they" are always an axe murderer, any murderer would be bad.) Anyway, called Paul to tell him I was there, that all the contact info was on the bulletin board, and that if I didn't call in hour to dial 911 and come find me.

It was all perfectly fine. I walked in with another couple of ladies (I know, I know, they could have been axe murderers, too). We had a good time, everyone was very nice, I did call Paul within the hour so the police didn't get called... and I completed a dozen pages. It was great to get out and know that Sophie was spending quality time with her Daddy. Maybe I'll host one month, then I can be the axe murderer!

No comments:

Post a Comment