Monday, August 30, 2010

EMM: Change Your Bulbs

Today is all about saving energy. As the daughter of a man who's worked more than a quarter of a century for the power and light company, I should be great at this. I definitely remember hearing "Turn out the light!" growing up. And it must be a part of my subconscious since I say it to Paul all the time too. Of course now there's more to it, you can switch out your regular light bulbs for the more energy efficient compact fluorescent (CFL) ones. That's the action for the day, pretty simple really. And that's just what I did. I purchased a pack of 4 and replaced the bulbs in the office ceiling fan. Not only should I save money on my electric bill and purchase fewer bulbs, but also prevent the release of carbon dioxide (apparently a good thing).



I did a quick inventory and will continue to replace those bulbs I can I the old ones burn out. We have 3 ceiling fans and a couple of lamps that I know I'll be replacing. We also have about 8 fixtures that have glass globes that I'm not sure the CFL's will work with but will try. Unfortunately, our dining areas, entry, bathrooms, kitchen and master closet all use specialty bulbs, so I won;t be able to replace everything but 15 for sure and probably some of those globes too. Not bad for something so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment