Monday, August 23, 2010

EMM: Protect Yourself

This week the book looks at protecting yourself with Internet security. There are some common sense things regarding your passwords and such. We all know the tips to keep passwords from being hacked. Personally, I have a hard time with this because I have a hard time remember multiple passwords. Of course with websites requiring increased measures (i.e. longer passwords that include a number, letter, and symbol) I'm having to change passwords I've had for ages anyway, so I might as well create different ones for different sites. Below are some other tips to keep in mind to protect yourself:

  • Don't use automatic log-in features.
  • Utilize anti-virus software and a firewall.
  • Log off the Internet and turn off your computer when you are done.
  • Don't open emails from people you don't know.

So, now go change a password or 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment