Tuesday, September 21, 2010

EMM: Create, Support, Appreciate Art

I t seems crazy to me that art, music, and even PE classes are being removed from schools. Well, not removed completely but certainly spending less time in those classes. I definitely understand that academics are important but there is research showing that participation in art and music can actually increase test scores. And as far as PE classes, all you have to do is look around to know that less physical activity is just WRONG.


One of the great things about my job is that I get to see kids creating art all the time. I even get to help out and make stuff too. Obviously, younger children are exposed to more art-like projects since they can't "read, write or 'rithmitic" yet. Art is as regular to a preschool curriculum as snack and naptime!


I think I am fairly creative, but not so much artistic. Thankfully, art is completely subjective (at least that's my belief). I can make whatever I want. I can also view lots of different types of art and always find something I love.

Here are some pictures of things I've created.







And a couple from museums we've taken Sophie to.




No comments:

Post a Comment