Monday, September 20, 2010

EMM: Donate Books

You should definitely go to the Every Monday Matters website to see all the statistics for today. But this is the one that just broke my heart: There is only 1 age-appropriate book for every 300 children in low-income neighborhoods compared to 13 books per child in middle-income neighborhoods. I can't even keep up with all the books Sophie and Logan have. So to think there are children with none is just terrible.

Of course the fact that Sophie has so many will actually make it hard to choose ones to donate, but we will find some kids books as well as some of my own. I also have a gift card for Half Price Books that we can use to buy some books to donate. Now where to donate? I'll need to call around and see who needs to replenish their stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment