Tuesday, September 28, 2010

EMM: Rideshare

Okay this one is really hard. I know all the benefits of carpooling, but I just don't feel comfortable with this. If I worked at a big company, I might be able to do it, but with my job (and the 10 people I work with) it's not going to happen. Here is what I can do along the same lines. I try to group my errands together by location so that I save time as well as miles. I also try to do as much at any one location (it's why I shop Walmart so much, I can get groceries, pet food, household goods, picture frames, clothes, etc. all in one trip). But it works for other things too. We have a really nice outdoor mall that I can go to and hit the pet store, bookstore, craft store, and eat lunch.

I did think about if Paul could rideshare (assuming we found someone), but honestly, I'd prefer he didn't rideshare. I want Paul to be able to leave if there were some sort of emergency and if he wasn't the driver that day then he couldn't just jump in the car and come home. I'm sure before kids I wouldn't have even thought about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment