Saturday, September 25, 2010

Never Ever Will Do & Don't Really Apply

Okay, so I'm finally finishing up this post I started about the book 101 Things To Do Before You Turn 40.  You can read the first part here.

Don’t Apply:
1. Quit your book club.  I never joined a book club, although I thought about it.
2. Bridge the baby chasm.  This one has to do with how to maintain friendships with women who have babies and you don't.  I have the kid now so it doesn't apply.
3. Drop $50 on a bottle of wine.  I hate the way wine tastes.  Of course maybe I'd like a $50 wine better, but so not worth my money to find out.
4. Dump the Gap.  Okay, I guess this one could apply, problem is Gap is one of the few places that has jeans that fit me and look good.  I have actually tried to purchase new clothes more often in the last few years.  I am not into fashion or style and my wardrobe certainly reflects that.  I've always hated shopping mainly because they never have my size.  There's nothing more defeating that seeing cute clothes but not finding them in your size!
5. Quit smoking.  I'd have to smoke first in order to quit.
6. Think outside the box.  I had to go back and look this one up. I forgot what it was about.  It means get your hair professionally colored instead of just using those grocery store boxes to cover your gray.  Luckily for me I don't have much gray and the few strands I do have, I make my mom yank them when she cuts my hair.  (She's been a hairdresser all my life, and I never have to explain what I want done.)

Never Ever:
1. Eat the worm.  Ok, first, not much of a drinker so I'd never get to the bottom of the bottle.  Second, ewwwww!  That's just gross.  By the way, never watched Fear Factor or Survival, mostly because of things like this.
2. Go somewhere that makes people scratch their heads.
3. Ride a roller coaster.  I've ridden roller coasters (back in my high school days), but that's kind of the books point.  You should do it now that you are older.  My philosophy is that I don't have to do things I don't want to BECAUSE I'm older.  I rode the rides when I was young mainly to stop the teasing from friends.  Now I "just say no!"
4. Scuba dive.  I get claustrophobic, wear glasses, and don't really swim (I swim enough not to drown, but I prefer laying on a raft, just drifting).  I like the idea of scuba diving, seeing the coral and fish, but I just don't see me ever actually doing it.
5. Go to Paris.  Okay, this might happen, but since I don't really like traveling and there are so many places in the States to see, this one is probably way, way , way far down the list.  Besides, our trip to China to get Logan will probably tide me over for a while.
6. Pierce something other than your ear. Honestly, I'm surprised I actually pierced my ears.  Of course, it took several tries before I finally did it.  (I was 7 years old at the time.)  As I like to say, I don't typically get a flu shot (now only for my daughter)and that could save my life, so why would I ever get stuck with a needle for fun.  This is also the same reasoning I use against tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment