Sunday, October 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Dessert Recipes

I missed this one as well, but again you can go there and fine hundreds of recipes. This has become one of my favorite holiday treats.

Easy English Toffee (Stephanie Carl's recipe)

1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup slivered almonds (3.5 ounce package)
1 cup chocolate chips

Rub butter along edge of a microwavable bowl. Put first 4 ingredients in bowl and microwave 8-9 minutes. Pull out as soon as it turns light brown. (Watch this part carefully.) Spread almonds on buttered cookie sheet. Pour mixture over almonds. Let sit about 1 minute. Pour chocolate chips on top and spread out as chocolate melts. Put in fridge until cooled. Break into pieces.

I probably only use about 2/3 of the cookie sheet, I like my toffee a little thicker. I also prefer semisweet chips, but you could use others. I store the toffee in the fridge, but love to make this as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment