Sunday, October 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Dinner Recipes

So, I missed getting to add my recipe to the list, but you can go to Kelly's Korner and check out hundreds of recipes for dinner. Here's my contribution:

Aunt Doris' Enchilada Casserole

1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can El Paso enchilada sauce
1 pound ground beef
1 dozen corn tortillas
2 cups grated cheese

Brown ground beef and drain. Combine beef with soups and enchilada sauce. Slice tortillas into bite-sized pieces. Place a layer of tortillas in a greased, flat baking dish. Cover with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until all beef mixture and cheese are used. Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese and sauce are bubbly.

You can substitute ground turkey for the beef. I also use whatever kind of cream soup I have in the pantry (2 cans of chicken, cream of mushroom instead of celery, whatever works for you). I use kitchen shears to cut the tortillas, makes for fast work. I usually use a Mexican blend of shredded cheese, but that's personal choice. You can make this in a 13x9 pan, but I always do 2 8x8 pans, and freeze one for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment