Monday, January 25, 2010

Scrapbooking Retreat

My sister invited me to a scrapbook retreat she was going to with a friend of hers. I jumped at the chance. Not only would I get to spend time with my sister and get some scrapbooking done, but I'd get to sleep in a bed with no 4-legged animals. That's been my big complaint lately. It wouldn't be so bad if they would sleep on Paul's side too, but no, they have to be right up next to me. Anyway, here is a picture of about a third of the group. We were at this Christian camp in East Texas (just minutes from our lake lot). We were in the "motel" rooms, which meant there were 3 of us in our room with a full size bed and 2 sets of bunks. We had our own bathroom. We cropped in this huge conference-type room, and had our meals in the dining hall.


My sister and her friend got there at about 10am on Friday. I told her I couldn't take off work so I'd be there by about dinner time. Kelly texted me several times, rubbing it in that she was already there enjoying herself. We stayed until about 2pm on Sunday. On got 54 pages completed. Woo, hoo! And won a door prize. Double woo, hoo! The prize was a plaque that reads "My husband said it was either him or scrapbooking...I took pictures of him packing and made the cutest pages!"



On Friday night after I got settled, I went and met my uncle and cousins at a local joint where they go to karaoke. I didn't think to take pictures. I wanted to see them sing and usually when I'm in town I have Sophie and can't go so it was nice to get to visit with them. Both girls sing really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment