Saturday, January 9, 2010

StrollerStrides

One of my goals was to incorporate some form of exercise into my daily/weekly routine. For those who know me, this is going to be tough. I hate exercise, but as I have gotten older I realize that I am just going to have to do it. I figured that the easiest thing I could do would be walking and since Sophie got a wagon from Santa that it would be fun to take her on walks through the neighborhood. Of course, we are in an arctic blast and it is way too cold to be outside.



I picked up a business card for a company called StrollerStrides when I was shopping before Christmas. I've seen ads for similar programs but nothing close to me. This one is close to work, so I called to check on class times. They have a Tuesday/Thursday class that I can go to before my staff meeting at the mall, plus a Saturday morning class at a park. I told Paul I wanted to do this. I'm not sure he believes I'll last very long but I am determined to give it a try. They have 2 different memberships and I am signing up for the more expensive one that gives you unlimited classes (instead of just 1 per week). I figure if I go at least 5 times a month, I'll be getting my money's worth, but my goal is twice a week. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment