Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two Down...

I have completed 2 StrollerStrides classes and had a great time. There have just been 4 of us. The instructor has a 2-year-old and the others have babies around Sophie's age. We walk from one "station" (the area in front of the main department stores) where we then stop and do specific exercises using what is available as well as resistance bands. We do things like tricep dips using the benches and wall push-ups. We sing songs for our kiddos instead of counting. Did you know if you sing the ABC's or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star it's about equivalent to 16 counts of whatever you are doing. the instructor is great, I don't feel pressured to do more than I am comfortable with, nor do I feel bad when I have to slow down or drop the level of intensity. I think Sophie enjoys it too, although I'm sure she's still trying to figure out why Mommy was running if no one was chasing her!

No comments:

Post a Comment