Monday, February 7, 2011

EMM: Donate Your Organs

So it's been a while since I posted about the Every Monday Matters book. You can get more information at the EMM website. I assumed that my drivers license stated I was a donor, but it doesn't so I will have to remedy that. I did go to the link and registered as a donor which also provided me with a card to carry.

I am sure that there are people who don't choose to be donors and I hope they have reasons that they at least believe in for not donating, but I have known I wanted to do this for many years. My grandmother donated her body to science when she died. Unfortunately, she was not a candidate for organ donation due to her health, but she still gave even in her death. This is what I would like to do as well. Whatever organs and tissue can be used is donated and everything else can go to science and research. I guess I need to make sure Paul knows what I want, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment