Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Spirit of Strength

"Mothers are like fine collectibles-as the years go by they increase in value." Author Unknown


This devotion talked about the strength that we as mothers have and more importantly how that strength helps our children. It talked about a mother's determination and the sacrifices she is willing to make. As I read this, I thought about Logan's birth mother. I can only imagine the strength it took to leave her baby at that hospital with the hope that he would have a better life than she could provide. Because he was about 9 months old, I believe she tried to find a way to give him the life he deserved. The area he was found and most likely where she was is very rural. The financial costs to provide him the best medical care he needed was more than she could bear, I'm certain. She had to make that sacrifice, to leave him, in order to allow him to have all that she wanted for him. I hope and pray that she knows in her heart that I will be the mother she wanted for her son.




"Despise not thy mother when she is old." Proverbs 23:22

No comments:

Post a Comment