Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Open House, Open Heart

"You built no great cathedrals that centuries applaud, but with grace exquisite your life cathedraled God." Thomas Fessenden



Today's devotional was about a boy who was orphaned then taken in b his aunt. Years later as the aunt was nearing death, the man expressed his gratitude for the welcome she gave him as a child. We've all heard that a house is not the same as a home. And we all have our own ideas about what makes a house, a home. I've always known that "home" was a feeling. I'm known for feeling homesick even in my own house. I'm not sick for my house but for that familiar home feeling. I hope my children grow to have that same feeling about the home that we make together.



"We are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be there God, and they will be my people. 2 Corinthians 6:16

No comments:

Post a Comment