Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gooey Butter Cookies

My Aunt Sadie recently visited Texas and brought these amazing cookies.

She was nice enough to share her recipe and I'm sharing it with y'all.  I decided to make them yesterday for dessert.  I have no idea how many this recipe makes since the kids were eating them as fast as I could pull them off the cookie sheets.

The Ingredients
Yep, just 3 items, oops, 4...I forgot to include the powdered sugar.  You mix the cake mix, 2 eggs, and a full tub of cool whip.  Then you drop a spoonful in some powdered sugar to coat it.  Place on a cookie sheet, than bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

That's it, very simple and oh so good.  Now I will say these were very messy, the dough is more like cake batter than cookie dough.  I sprayed my cookie sheets with cooking spray but I don't know if that's necessary.  I also only put about 6 on a cookie sheet because they expand a lot.  The "official" recipe is below.  Enjoy!

Gooey Butter Cookies

1 white or yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 tub cool whip
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cake mix, eggs, and cool whip together.  Drop spoonfuls of dough into powdered sugar and toss or roll to coat.  Place balls on cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes, cool slightly before romoving from sheet.  Hide from others or share, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment