Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scrapping Saturday March 2

About a year ago I bought a Smash book because it was on sale.  Wasn't sure exactly how I would use it since I'm a pretty traditional scrapbooker but I thought it might provide me some creative inspiration, trying something new.

Around my birthday, I decided I'd used the Smash book to document my life trying to separate the mommy me from the rest of me (whatever that is).  Most of the pictures I take have my kids in them and Consequently I'm in very few shots.  As with many new endeavors, my immediate buy-in loses some momentum and I didn't do much with the album for months.
 
I don't have my calendar at the moment so I've left some stuff blank until then.  I didn't have any pictures with me in them during September so I just left a blank page. Once I look at my calendar I'll add some journaling.
 

I decided now was the time.  Some habits are hard to break, so it's still chronological and I even used some calendar pockets.
 
 
Those actually will work out well.  I can write the different activities or highpoints during the month and use the pocket to put the memorabilia until I can actually glue it all in.  I used some Project Life journal cards to write lists, bullet points, stories, etc.
I didn't do a great job of keeping ticket stubs and other small stuff but I'll start watching for other things I can I add to the album.
 
I've started getting myself in front of the camera more so it was nice to be able to add those to the album.
Now that I've started the album and I can see the possibilities, I think keeping it up will be much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment