Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pinterest Tuesday April 9

A couple of weeks ago I had some friends over and took the opportunity to try out some pinterest recipes.

I used small storage containers for the dip instead of cups so that Paul could easily take them to work for lunch.
Individual Seven-Layer Dips
I tried making crack bread.  It was really good but cutting the loaf was very difficult.

The "infused water" was more like raspberry limeade so I also made a simple sugar syrup for my guests to add to cut the tartness.
Fruit-Infused Water
I made ham-wrapped pickles like my cousin used to make.  I tried using the whipped cream cheese and it didn't work as well once I tried cutting them into slices.
 
I've made a similar toffee before but without the crackers.  This was fine but adding the crackers just added more effort and my other recipe tasted just as good.
Saltine Toffee
I've made a few other things too for the family.

These apple dumplings were so good.  We had plenty so I just warmed them in the microwave the next couple of days.  The vanilla ice cream is a must.
 
I found a website that has lots of recipes using shredded chicken and browned ground beef. I've made a few of those.

This Mexican chicken recipe was pretty good.

This teriyaki chicken recipe was the first time I tried using my rice cooker for more than just rice.


I also found a use for all the plastic eggs we have.  And the kids created these great mosaic crosses.
I found some very interesting information in this article and have since changed the way I write Sophie's name on her art work (using upper and lower-case letters).

I found uses for the fridge baking soda when I replaced it.
 
I'm trying a new way to help Logan with his sight words.  This site is for you to purchase the product but I just made my own with dollar store pretend money and an old envelope.

When I saw this idea I was giddy.  I've been hanging the kids clothes up in outfits since Sophie was a baby.  I know it drives my mom crazy that there isn't a drawer for her to go to, to find clothes, but it works for me and them.

I found a new way to where my scarves.
 

What awesomeness have you found on Pinterest?

No comments:

Post a Comment