Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Home Blessing

Spend one hour cleaning your house, just the major rooms and main areas.

1. Vacuum

2. Sweep & Mop

3. Glass & Mirrors

4. Dust

5. Change Sheets

6. Empty Trash

I really wanted to just veg in front of the TV when I got home but I have managed to the focus each day and I didn't want to quit now, so I strapped Sophie in her highchair gave her some snacks and a sippy cup and got cleaning. The idea behind today's focus is that if you maintain a fairly clean house then you won't find yourself in the predicament that you would "just die" if someone came by unannounced. We never have that happen but it's nice to feel like my house is presentable.

The good part is we keep the bedroom doors closed because of the cats so I just focused on the entry, hallway, kitchen, and great room (living room and dining). Besides, if we do have guests I lock the cats up in the master bedroom, so no one ever sees that room anyway. Theoretically, you should spend 10 minutes on each item. But for me the dusting and glass don't take as long, so that gives me some extra time for the floors. I also don't do the sheets at this time. I save that for when Paul is home and we usually do that either when we get up in the morning or just before we go to bed. I should really find something different for the trash, because that's gets done on the mornings when the trash gets picked up. I will rework this list before next week to make it work for us better.

No comments:

Post a Comment