Saturday, March 6, 2010

Show Us Your Life: A Typical Day

This week at Kelly's Korner we are telling about our typical day. Since I work part-time I'll start with a workday. I'm about by 6:30, and hopefully have time to get ready and fix lunch before Sophie gets up. I've been playing around with her feeding schedule so right now she gets breakfast at about 7ish with Daddy, then changed and out the door at 7:30am. We are at work at 8am and she hangs out in the stroller for a bit while I get everything situated. Some mornings she'll go into the One's class until about 9:15 other times she's in the pack 'n play. She has a bottle at about 9:30 after most kids have been dropped off and the parents are gone. If I'm lucky she go down for a nap by 10:30 and stay there an hour. During that time I either work in the office on the computer or try to stay out of the office doing things elsewhere. After nap, we'll move to the exersaucer then have lunch about 12noon. After lunch, I just move her from highchair to pack 'n play to exersaucer to keep her entertained. Of course, that's naptime for the kids and usually a teacher or 2 will come get her to play on the floor in their room. The last few days, I've given her a bottle just before we leave at 3pm. Some days she'll fall asleep on the ride home and if I leave her in the carrier she'll sleep 2 hours. Which is great because it gives me a chance to clean up at home and get dinner going. (okay and check email.) I shoot for dinner at 6:30 then move to bedtime routine of bath, books and bottle. Once she's asleep it's time for the TiVO to start. I used to stay up later, but now 10pm is late for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment