Sunday, February 17, 2013

Accomplished: Bathroom Closet

There is a closet right outside the kids bathroom that holds several types of things:  the kids blankets, Logan's sheets, pull-ups, playdough, puzzles, Maw Susan's stuff plus general bathroom stuff like cotton balls, clippers, thermometer, band-aids, extra shampoo, body wash and lotion.  A few weeks ago I could find something in there so I ended up throwing everything on the "bathroom" shelf in a big bag expecting to organize it.  That was at the end of December, then I got sick and things got crazy.  My mom picked up some containers at the dollar store and I got some more.  While the kids were at school I finally got in there and straightened everything.  (I wished I'd thought to take before pictures, but here are the after.)  The top shelf houses extra toilet paper (I keep more rolls in each bathroom), a blanket for the guest bed, and a basket where I've put some little gifts for the kids.

 
The Toy Shelf with playdough and puzzles
 
Maw Susan's stuff on the left and Sophie's nebulizer stuff on the right.
 
Green basket is for illnesses, blue is for first aid.  Easy to just pull out if needed.
 
All the extras for bathtime.
 
Closed storage for more extras, hand sanitizer, pocket tissues, teeth stuff and travel bags.

Baskets holding blankets.
I'll add labels after a couple of weeks.  I like to live with the storage for a bit first in case I find that the containers don't work out.  That's the great thing about getting them at the dollar store.  I bought a couple of each size/style so I had options based on how much and the type of item going in them.  That's one reason why there are different colors.  It would probably look nicer if I used all the same color container or even tried to color code them, but I didn't have that option if I wanted different types.  And let's be honest, It's a closet that is closed all the time...I want it neat and functional not necessarily pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment